Thursday, August 20, 2009

rail

i got a free broken skate rail that still had usable legs a while ago from, where else? craigslist! like almost everything else i own. yesterday i got creative and broke 4 or 5 drillbits drilling holes all the way through the broken (white) rail and into this amazing 10' stainless steel rail i've had for a few years. with 4 skate hardware bolts i'd wobbily attached legs to steel and wood and could skate it! obviously nothing spectacular here, was just trying to get out and have some fun.
HUGE thank you and props! to Shyrey for bringing his cam and taking the time and efforts to nicely film the stuff i'm in on these missions! and John too. there'd be no footage without that.
look for the vids i make to carefully flow with the music.

4 comments:

  1. Ethan: "I wonder how he lands all those!" "That would be awesome if he could do a 900! But I think only Tony Hawk and almost Bam can." (What a nut, I think he plays his Tony Hawk game too much!) "Mom, can he visit sometime?!" (I told him that I would love you to visit, but it would cost too much $$ right now!)

    Natalie: "He's SO good!" (X3) "How does Uncle Nathan know how to do all that?!"

    I was busting up listening to their commentary while watching the video! I told them that you said "hi and love them" and they got big grins and said it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT video, love those tricks, remembering you winning those tournaments in WW and so proud of you. Still scares me when you fall, but, looks like you don't do that too often. Enjoy seeing you and hearing you laugh. Remember also those rails you had made then shared with all your friends right by our house, we had a regular skate park there! fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome! Way to be resourceful heh, sounds like a lot of work though. Love to see a video like this again, reminds me of the "good ole days" pft haha! I miss you! Maybe you can come out here and impress my friends sometime with your mad skillz :P. I do read all your posts and watch all the videos, but my computer is still dead so I can reply much. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, i eat crap every single day i skate. hah, that's how i know i'm pushing myself! am so lucky to be able to have fun skating again, even though i'm a shadow of the crazy guy i was.. i am a regular skatepark builder huh? always gettin the stuff around and gettin people together for it.
    i miss all of you guys. i think it will be possible to take a week or so and visit the first part of next year. hope so!

    ReplyDelete