Friday, January 22, 2010

removed external hard drive

my external hard drive failed with all my music, videos, footage and who knows what else on it a while ago.
after failing every software fix i could find, i decided to pull it from its case and hook up directly to the motherboard
turns out it's an older IDE style drive that can slave onto the CD/DVD-drive ribbon using some spare parts taken from an old crap computerthe dvd drive is unaffected. the 500g hard drive powers and spins up but i'm STILL unable to detect it in the BIOS.. :( maybe there's a setting i haven't found yet, maybe it's toast.




3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your hard drive...

    But I was busting up at Ender and all his balls on his chair!!! He looked thrilled to have the photo shoot! ;-)

    I still am relying on the hard drives...but I guess online back up sites are becoming all the rage. Pay a monthly/yearly fee and you can back up all your music/pics/etc. I don't know if I'm ready to have all my information directly online...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, id say burn dvds and stow them away! online's sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah haha! POOR ender too LOL he passed out on the chair!

    ReplyDelete