Saturday, March 13, 2010

just found out Phil Verd died.
we became great friends while in baker oregon during the most volitile times i've lived. literally didn't think i'd make it through, but found an out with you in laughter and antics and a friendship. can remember the silly fun of going on 40 energy-drink runs across sheets of ice, the legendary freestyle walking mayhem, laughing our asses off enduring the taser, reviving hacky sack and creating sweatbands while rocking jams, smoking out the hallway with the fire extinguisher to stir things up, the hilarious ridiculous art, on and on like it was last month not four years ago. you helped me find joy again in my days when i'd convinced myself i'd lost that. thank you, i'll always remember. i bailed after i went to visit and your mentality was still cycling down, didn't know what to do with it. it's a jolt to think you still had a foot in that life of hurt and never made it out. when i randomly went to look you up again you are gone.
i'm so sorry Phil, hope you've found peace at last man.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you lost someone so important to you. I can't imagine the pain you are going through right now. If you need to talk, I'm always a call away. Think of you and sending my love.

    ReplyDelete