Friday, March 5, 2010

skating ferndale yesterday

solo skating day around ferndale. finally did the loading ledge gap! at the ferndale ledge spot we'd always eye the gap but the bank up is mellow and the flat is far. yesterday i decided to go for it. wasn't sure if i could even get my body to clear it at first. was running full speed before dropping my board and PUSHING as fast as possible, getting my self and board over. then really focused in, and made it! good thing too because on the one where everything came together a guy in a truck was driving up to investigate what i was doing. i didn't even see him until i was already starting to ollie, already had the speed and balance right and knew i could make it. if i'd kicked out things would have gone differently. would have hit the truck, or gotten my board run over and i'm sure he'd have wanted me to leave. instead of seeing me mach-ing right at him, launching the whole thing and landing triumphantly in control darting past. WOOP!
also a couple little tired switch hardflips and some 5050 and front board action. the round rail is actually harder than a skinnier one because there's nowhere for wheels to hook on and get good purchase to balance. floaty.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you edit everything still, and include the progress of getting to what you want! It builds up the tension and makes it more exciting when you land it! I still don't know how you manage the balance and board maneuverability to do all that!!

    Thanks for sharing all these videos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew (my bf) and I like seeing these, you're so talented its amazing. I'm so glad you're still skating, and making these videos, its great to see you especially because I miss you and love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you liss! it's always nice when someone appreciates exactly what you're going for :p thank you for taking time out of your super busy life to check my stuff out and comment. i barely manage with lifetime of athletic practice. am learning from each of these what works and doesn't.
    thank you too tiffer! i look on here to see if anyone's noticed a post, to hear you and your boyfriend (ooooooh! lol) are checkin 'em out and think they're cool means a lot.
    love you guys too

    ReplyDelete