Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5th day of ramp work, colleen helping now

the ant mindlessly working his way across the surface had an eerie familiarity.

not all screws would sink or craks were filled. paint?

were still some cracks left, was going to see what skatepaint would do with them.



at that point i was over the stupid ramp. she patiently kept doing what i'd let her, getting it done. so i had to too!

colleen was an invaluable help!

woodglue the seams

the masonite surface was another puzzle, but with enders help we cut a piece a little bit and made the whole thing go together better than ever.

my knee xray as a blind with the view out the kitchen window work well together. on a sunny morning, you can see amazing detail of the density in my knee. and where i'll break myself next in the distance.

6 comments:

  1. Hey! Im so glad you are doing this blog, I really love to see what youre up to... I miss you so much! It looks so awesome I cant believe you were able to get that. I remember playing on the ramp you had when I was little. Nostalgia. Anyway, keep the pics coming! Also Ender is adorable! - as usual (the pics you posted before).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kiddo, that's actually really encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I LOVE the knee x-ray!! That is so perfect!!! Great placement!

    Ok, so I understand how you can fill the gaps with putty/caulk, but how can you fix any warping??? More screws?

    And how many days were you working on this??? I'm sure it will be well worth the work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. warping is bad...very bad. screws yes, but they poke up. still looking for the perfect solution.
    been working for a couple weeks with almost all spare time. hope it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hah! my pre-reconstructed knee xray as a window shade. a kind of irony there with the view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still loving the x-ray!!! Bad ass, that's all there is to it!

    ReplyDelete