Wednesday, May 27, 2009

day 2

but they were moved.

my hands were swollen and cut up and the ramps were both in shambles.

shyrey showed up that evening and helped me move the micro over in a fraction of the time.

then spent another, even more exhausting hour and a half dragging the next big piece over alone.

did the middle



while waiting i decided to do everything i could by myself, to be prepared for help with the huge stuff. got the micro taken apart. extra wood out of the way. then went ahead and drug the micro out of the way completely by my self. still nothing and i was facing a huge job. blegh... so started in on dragging. i spent an exhausting, frustrating hour and a half moving the first big piece barely an inch at a time. it took all my force to even budge it at all. right at the end, yanking on the corner 2x4, i ripped it out! looking at the board i was holding i went sailing backwards right into the only puddle in the yard! a mud puddle. rad. if you look you can see the missing vertical support laid on the ground pointing towards the puddle i fell in . and my mud soaked pants.

these first pictures tell a thousand words. in the morning no one showed up! or answered. it was a complete ditch out for various reasons. i think we all had a guess about how much work it would be! the forcast was sketchy with rain only a few days out, which also added some unneeded pressure to get it done and sealed up with weatherproofing paint.

3 comments:

  1. You look a wee bit overwhelmed in those pics... I think I would be too!!!

    Especially considering all the work that I have already seen that you've put into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, that's awesome you can see that in the pics. seems they're really telling the story! a little bit of explaining will fill in the gaps soon.
    blegh, i started just trying to fix up the water and problems with the old setup, ended up moving it across the yard, somehow by MY SELF to get to more level compact ground, then redoing most of it to demanding standards. do it right if your going through the trouble you know??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stories make it so much more real and entertaining to me! Not that it's funny that you fell in a puddle (well, maybe a little), but getting to know more about what you're doing and your humor cracks me up!

    Sorry no one showed up, and I can't believe that you were moving it alone...although it sounds like something I would do too! (Probably not something quite that big though!)

    ReplyDelete