Monday, July 20, 2009

"meticulously extrapolated thought physically manifested"

"in thought" freehand/finger-painting airbrush on canvas

is meant to be a kind of painting of thinking (not a picture). symbolically done in black and white, as a portrayal of coalescing positive and negative aspects found involved in strands of multi-faceted ideas, swirling in vortical flux. in thought? white and black line represent consideration in balance, space the unconscious though with weighted tones. on the periphery i finger painted a vague, illuminated-aura head shape straining towards bright "light-bulb" ideas being brewed up and held in the mind. in the interplay of light and dark, where only contrast may lend substance, spiraling fields render form..
what is thought really?

5 comments:

  1. WOW Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

    (Its too early for me to think more...but I'll probably come back later to comment again.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!
    explainers sort of help show my art isn't just some wiggly lines like it may seem on the surface..it's thoughtful (haha) and tricky. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish people could see it like I do tho! i clearly see the vortex of ideas spiraling and balancing in this one, but not many do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if I were able to see the actual painting and talk to you about it while looking at it, I could see what you are thinking...but I think it would be hard for anyone to fully "get" what some of your paintings mean in just a picture. I kind of do, but doubt I fully do. :-(

    If nothing else, I love getting lost in the lines and colors of it...that to me gets my thought going. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing pic's, you have such talent, I wish I knew how to market you to someone that could put them up in major galleries - and make you rich!!! They are amazing, can't wait to get mine put up in our new place. mom

    ReplyDelete